VOICE: everything you need for any vocal mixing project
VOICE is the new Gem plug-in designed for vocal processing.
VOICE offers a comprehensive and streamlined vocal production workflow, based on analog processors, including:
- a Mic Preamplifier (4 models)
- a Tape Simulator (3 tapes + 3 special modes)
- a Vocal Enhancer
- a De-Boxer and a De-Esser
- a Dynamic Processor with compressors (5 models) and an expander-gate
- an Equalizer (5 models)
- a Space Processor / Reverb Unit
- an Analog Delay
- a Master Section with an optional Limiter
- an inteactive Dynamic Display
- an interactive EQ Display
JUST BE CREATIVE!
- The Gem VOICE is designed to speed up your vocal production workflow, with no compromise on sound quality, thanks to the Overloud award-winning analog emulation technology.
- You can create a full vocal sound chain with a few clicks or select the setup of your preferred producer to replicate his tone!
- All the parameters are accessible with a single click on the main panel, for a quick and streamlined operation: no submenu navigation!
The Gem VOICE includes more than 70 presets created by Award-winning engineers like Joe Barresi, John Paterno and Michele Canova, with their best vocal processing chains. The presets are designed for male and female, lead and background vocals as well as spoken voice.
Mic Preamp, Tape Sim & Enhancer
- The MIC PREAMP models a 4 different real mic preamplifier enriching the input sound with the renowned harmonics of the selected model.
- The TAPE SIMULATOR reproduces the typical tape recording harmonic distortion of three different kind of tape: 1/4", 1/2" and 2". It can be also used in three special modes: Flutter, Vocal Dist and Fuzz.
- When the voice recording seems to lack presence and isn’t cutting through the mix, or even if it just sounds weak, then it’s worth adding some amount to the ENHANCER. You will appreciate how vocals will get extra definition and brilliance, without being overdone. The Enhancer only uses harmonics that naturally exist in the original tracks.
- This module is a specific double filter to attenuate voice artefacts from mic recordings. Both filters work as dynamic processors.
- The DE-BOX is a dynamic control of the lower-mid part of the frequency spectrum. Boxy vocals contain too much low frequency energy and lack the proper excitement needed to cut through the mix. The De-Box processor dynamically removes this low-mid excess.
- The DE-ESSER focuses on sibilant sounds letting you to control their prominency. Thanks to its AI-Based detector, it sounds incredibly transparent and it is not level-dependent.
- The Auto Cue function automatically puts the De-Box or the De-Esser filter in solo while you drag one of its knobs. This allows you to listen the frequencies that the filters are processing.
- The COMPRESSOR module is based on five different Compressor models, including FET, Optical and Tube processors.
- The LF Sens control allows to adjust the low frequency sensitivity of the processor, in order to have an optimal tracking for male and female voices.
- It also contains an Expander-Gate processor: at low settings it cleans the input track. At higher setting it can be used as a creative tool.
The 4-band EQUALIZER is modeled on legendary EQs: you can choose 4K, British, German and Proportional Q. Both Shelving and Peaking mode can be selected for the low and high bands.
In addition, the Band-Limit model allows to recreate phonograph / megaphone effects. The Equalizer parameters can also be set by acting graphically on the curve.
Space & Delay
- According to the most recent mixing trends, the SPACE module uses very short multilayer impulses, instead of a reverb, to enhance the dimension and the placement of the voice in the mix. Designed by MoReVoX (the REmatrix sound designer), this unique processor gives a new vibe to the tracks.
- In addition, the Space also offers the impulses of many classic reverb units from the ‘70s to the ‘90s.
- A DELAY module is often used on vocals instead of a reverb, both sync’d to the song tempo, or out of sync, to add width without loosing clarity.
Display & Master
- The MASTER section allows to adjust the final level and the number of output channels. It also contains an optional LIMITER, which is placed pre-master out, useful to keep the level always under the 0dBFS.
- The GRAPHIC DISPLAY has two views: EQ and Compresor. The EQ view displays the equalizer's curve: the curve can be graphically edited. It also displays the realtime spectrum of the input track, in order to visually see where the prominent frequencies lay.
When the COMP view is selected, you can see the level curve on the lower side, and the Compressor gain reduction level on the top side, over time. You can easily monitor how the compression is responding to the level peaks.
You may also like
- Vocal production plug-in
- How to Download