Ultimate Voice Electrifier
Vocoder V takes the iconic 16-Band Vocoder and retrofits it with advanced synth, sampler, and modulation capabilities. Venture beyond the classic robot voice with a sound that truly speaks for itself.
To vocode, or not to vocode?
- Vocoder V is not your standard vocoder. It’s not your standard synthesizer either. This is your new voice-transforming playground. Unlike the traditional vocoder, it combines carrier and modulator - synth and voice analyzer - into one powerful unit.
- If you’d prefer not to sing, there’s even a dedicated sampler built in so you can process whatever sounds you want to. Part voice analyzer, part vintage analog synth, part cutting-edge sampler - this might just be the missing piece of your sonic puzzle.
- Turn your vocal stems into analog FM basslines; Turn your drum loops into a synth chord sequences; Turn ambient samples into harmonic drones; Anything is possible.
A bit of history
The vocoder was originally invented as a way of analyzing and synthesizing the human voice, used to conserve bandwidth and encrypt radio transmissions - it was even used in the military. It wasn’t until the ‘70s that some bright spark saw its musical potential.
Make that robot rock
Vocals that sound like a synth, a synth that sounds like vocals - Dr. Bob Moog’s original 1979 16-band magic voice box is responsible for some of the most far-out sounds in music history, from robotic speech to rich harmonized textures.
The original 16-Band Vocoder required an external synthesizer to process your vocal signal. With Vocoder V, it comes included as standard. Its built-in dedicated synthesizer carrier section behaves like a fully-fledged synth by itself, giving you everything you need to make the fun, futuristic robot noises that you know and love. Enjoy the warm polyphonic chord sequences, wild frequency-modulated basslines, or noisy blizzard ambiences that you’d expect from a classic analog synth - but uniquely molded into the shape of your vocals or samples. This synth can talk!
- Hold: Toggle whether all notes are sustained when played
- Oscillator 1: Triangle, saw, square, and noise waveforms, with versatile shape control and Sync button
- Oscillator 2: Triangle, saw, square, and noise waveforms, with shape control, fine tune control, and Fixed button which removes pitch control from the keyboard
- Envelope controls: A basic attack/release envelope to shape the onset and timing of your synth notes
- Expression controls: Bend and Mod wheels let you tweak your vocoder performance dynamics, with options for pitch bend range and glide (portamento)
- Chord mode: Transform every note into a full chord, with 12 voicings to choose from including a custom one
- Ensemble: Dial in your preferred amount of rich analog-style chorus for amazing stereo depth
You may also like
- Vocoder V
- How to Download