Awave Studio is a multi-purpose audio tool that reads a veritable host of audio carrying file formats from different platforms, synthesizers, trackers, mobile phones… - It can be used in a variety of ways - as a file format converter, as an audio editor, or as a synth instrument editor. It is the swiss army knife for anyone working with digital audio and music.
The program does so many different things - even this list is far from complete…
- Do conversions from the circa 300 audio related file formats that it can read (no kidding - you read that right!) into any of the ~140 audio file formats that it can write! No other software even comes close to such a wide format support!
- Read and write the instrument formats of many commercial synthesizers, hardware modules, sound-card based synths, as well as many popular software synths. This including formats from Akai, Ensoniq, Korg, Kurzweil, Roland, Yamaha, Native Instruments and many more. High quality conversion can be made between most formats - preserving important synthesis parameters!
- Read several disk formats that can not normally be accessed by Windows, including formats used by AKAI S-1000 CD's, AKAI S-3000 CD's, Roland S-5xx and S-7xx series CD's and floppy disks, Kurzweil "native" format CD's…
- Convert song data between several formats (e.g. you can convert MOD-tracker modules into MIDI-format accompanied by custom instruments).
- Convert your MIDI songs (with or without custom instruments) into audio clips with superior audio quality using the bult-in Awave Software Synthesizer (which can also be used for real-time auditioning of instruments).
- Convert melodies between different mobile phone ring signal formats (from simple monphonic beeper-songs, to current MP4 audio clips - and also including support for accurate emulation of the FM-instruments used by japanese phones using the Yamaha MA-chip series).
- Send or receive waveforms to professional synthesizers using standard SDS transfers over MIDI or really fast SMDI transfers over SCSI.
- Convert FM-synthesis (phase modulation synthesis) instruments into wavetable synthesis (sampling synthesis) instruments — with conversion support for all major Yamaha DX-series SysEx formats as well as PC Adlib file formats.
- A 'Batch Conversion Wizard' makes converting large numbers of audio files extremely simple - including optional effects processing.
- The 'Audio Processing Wizard' helps you with common editing tasks like resampling, fading, merging and combining waveforms, normalizing, time stretching, pitch scaling, smoothing, recombining, searching and replacing text, et c, et c. VST and DX plug-ins are also supported opening up a world of 3rd party plug-ins. And you can process multiple waves as easily as a single one!
- Up to 32-bit floating point data precision for mono and stereo data is supported.
- Several studio quality resampling algorithms are available.
- The 'Instrument Processing Wizard' helps you avoid manually repetitive editing tasks for instruments.
- It is a fully featured DLS level 2+ and SoundFont 2 instrument editor. You can also use it as an editor for a lots of other synths - for some, it is the only PC editor.
- Data is organized in an easy to use "two panes" layout — with a hierarchical instrument 'tree' to the left, and waveforms (samples) to the right.
- Graphical editors available for instrument parameters — e.g. the much applauded loop editor that let's you easily find the best loops.
- Play MIDI files using the 'MIDI Player', including support for custom instruments.
- Audition (play & listen to) your instruments directly using the PC keyboard or with an external MIDI keyboard.
- Record new waveforms using the Waveform Recording Wizard.
You may also like
- How to Download